What is open access?
Open access makes published academic research freely and permanently available so anyone, anywhere can read and build upon this research. At Taylor & Francis we champion researcher choice with a variety of open access publishing options to meet the unique needs of each author.
How can open access help you?
- Increase the discoverability and use of your research
- Make an impact beyond the academy, reaching policymakers, practitioners and professionals in your field
- Freely share your work with anyone, anywhere
- Comply with funder mandates
Why publish open access with Taylor & Francis?
Publishing open access with Taylor & Francis offers researchers many benefits including:
- A wide choice of high-quality journals maximizing your reach within and beyond your field
- High visibility and discoverability of your work via Taylor & Francis Online
- Rigorous peer review for every open access article
- Rapid online publication allowing you to share your work quickly
- Global marketing and publicity, ensuring your article reaches the people you want it to
- Expert editorial boards
- Retention of full copyright of your article through unrestrictive publishing agreements
Open access publishing options
Taylor & Francis offers a variety of publishing options to ensure your research is available without restriction, reaching the right audience for maximized discoverability and impact.
Fully open access journals and platforms
Explore Taylor & Francis’s full open access journals and platforms, where every new article is published gold open access.
Taylor & Francis is one of the world’s largest publishers of open access research. We publish over 180 high-quality full open access journals, ranging across disciplines and subject areas.
Dove Press specializes in the publication of open access, peer-reviewed journals across the spectrum of science, technology and medicine. Our journals are indexed online via PubMed and PubMed Central, as well as in other notable indexing services.
F1000Research is an open research publishing platform for scientists, scholars and clinicians offering rapid publication of articles and other research outputs. All articles benefit from transparent post-publication peer-review and the inclusion of all source data.
Open Select (hybrid) journals
Researchers can choose to make their research available open access using Open Select, in one of Taylor & Francis’s 2,300+ subscription journals. Enjoy all the benefits of open access in a subscription journal.